Charleston Area Plantations & Gardens
Charleston is known for its historic plantations and beautiful scenery, often located just minutes away from the hustle and bustle of Downtown Charleston. Each of our area’s scenic plantation homes and gardens offers a truly unique experience and a trip back to a more simple time.
Boone Hall Plantation: Named one of the most photographed plantations in America, be taken away by the beautiful oak trees and history of the plantation
- Open Monday – Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm; (843) 884-4371
Charleston Tea Plantation: Located in the heart of the Lowcountry right outside of Historic Charleston, come visit the only tea plantation in North America! View hundreds of tea bushes or go through a tour of the tea factory.
- Open Monday – Saturday, 10:00am to 4:00pm; Sunday, 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm; (843) 559-0383
Drayton Hall: Be able to travel back in time and experience the history and culture that shaped the beautiful, Drayton Hall.
- Open Monday – Saturday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm; Sunday, 11:00 am to 5:00pm; (843) 769-2600
Irvin House Vineyards: Visit one of the local and visitor favorite vineyards where they grow and harvest grapes, along with making bottles of wine on sight!
- Open Wednesday – Saturday, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm; (843) 559-6867
Magnolia Plantation & Gardens: Not only labeled as Charleston’s most visited plantations but also one of America’s most beautiful gardens, you will not want to pass up this divine experience.
- Open Monday – Sunday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm; (843)-571-1266
Middleton Place: Home to America’s oldest landscapes, the Middleton Place is a vision of elegance and class. Being one of the most important and charming gardens in the world, there is no doubt that you will be amazed with the true beauty the gardens display.
- Open 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, daily; (843) 556-6020